The 2nd International Exhibiton on Farm and Agricultural Industry & Supply Expo*|MC_PREVIEW_TEXT|*
The 2nd International Exhibiton on Farm and Agricultural Industry & Supply Expo
INDONESIA MARKET TRIVIA:
• Agriculture is a key sector which contributed to 14.43% of Indonesia’s GDP.
• Currently, there are around 30% of land area that is used for agriculture, and employed around 49 million Indonesians (41% of total work force.
• Indonesia’s main agriculture commodities include rice, cassava (tapioca), peanuts, natural rubber,cassava, cocoa, coffee, palm oil, copra; poultry, beef, pork, and eggs.
• Palm oil production is important to the economy as Indonesia is the world’s biggest producer and consumer of the commodity, providing about half of the world’s supply
• Plantations in the country stretch across 6 million hectares as of 2007, with a replanting plan set for an additional 4.7 million to boost productivity in 2017.