“Mobile World Congress” is an annual exhibition and congress, taking place in Barcelona, Spain. Formerly known as 3GSM or 3GSM World, the congress dates back to 1987. Currently it takes place in February at the Fira Gran Via venue. In recent years, the exhibition features ~1,700 exhibitors, from all sectors of the mobile industry. Attendance is ever-increasing, currently ranging between 60,000-70,000 people. Undoubtedly, the biggest event of its kind, in Europe.
- Occurrence – Annual
- Location – Barcelona, Spain
- Event Dates – Second half of February
- “Mobile World Congress 2014″ starts in [fergcorp_cdt_single date=”24-02-2014”]
- Sectors – Mobile Technology
- Average Attendance – 60,000-70,000
- Weather History – 10-11 °C , with low chance of rain
Depending on your budget, accommodation can be organized at prices ranging from 80€-260€ per night. Late availability is not uncommon, however we strongly advise against last minute bookings. Available rooms are often no the best suited for business travelers. With most sought after options gone, visitors might be forced to compromise a bigger and more expensive room. It is never too early to book a hotel room for “Mobile World Congress“. For the savvy traveler, 3 months prior the event is comfort zone borderline.